Archive for the ‘Art 4 Sale’ Category
The Transport Workers Union, Local 100 is selling 14? x 20? posters of four of the works on display in the Art of Marvin Franklin exhibit on public view through March 30, 2008.
For information on purchasing posters you may contact Local 100 at 212-873-8000 x 2204.
The Salmagundi Art club is also presenting another exhibit featuring Mr. Franklin’s work this summer. I will post this information again once I know the exact dates.
I got tagged by James Neil Hollingsworth a delightful and thoughtful painter. I am now required to list 5 little known facts about myself, then “tag” five other artists to do the same.
Here are my five:
- When I was 15 I had this mad infatuation (nothing more) with a niece of Edvard Munch. We worked together (she was technically my boss) I was never sure if it was because she was a relative of a famous artist and I wanted to be one or that I thought she looked like Maria Schell.
- I did and still do get confused when reading something in big type like on a movie theater billboard. As a kid I went by myself to see Samson and Delilah and the African Queen. Looking for the Lion and then the Queen. It would bother me that I didn’t seem to comprehend some things, but it worked out in the end with my feeling OK outside of my comfort zone.
- My wife and I once owned an advertising agency. I would experience pain when watching “Thirty Something” on TV
- I love Movies and wanted to be a director, believed that Federico Fellini, Ingmar Bergman and Michelangelo Antonioni were geniuses, named my daughter after a movie (Sundays with Cybele) , went to film school before they were hip, made one animated film (after seeing Jim Henson’s first film). Dropped out, cause I wanted to eat.
- I am married to a wonderful, powerful public speaker and coach, who is working on her second book. I am very lucky, but you already knew that.
The Artist that I’ve tagged are: