The goal with this painting as I went along was to find a way to knit the painting together with a architecturally structure and to give more body to figures in the foreground. I’ve muted the colors by laying on a dull green wash, which gets rubbed out or painted into. What is not visible now is that I painted in 5 lines that run from the low left to high right of the painting with each area painted with a slightly different of yellow paint. Right now they are just guides.
As with the early version, I just taking a new look every day and adding more stuff to the painting.
Both and the good and the bad about making stuff up is that you are making it up. I’ve got no clue as to what the end should look like.